BECOME A GENOMIC MEDICINE EXPERT
Because the more specialized you are, the better you can help your patients
How can I help my patients feel better, faster?
That’s the question of the day. Not only would you like to help more patients achieve better health, but you would also like to be able to create a better experience for them … and for you.
Hello, I’m Roberta Kline, MD FACOG CGMC. Together with Joe Veltmann, PhD, FAAIM DCCN CGMC, we help you provide faster, more effective solutions for your patients by understanding what they need to be healthy — from the inside out.
It all starts with DNA … but that DNA is just the beginning.
You also have to understand how everything fits together. And yes, it can feel complicated – that’s why we’re here to help. We’d love to share with you the knowledge and wisdom we’ve gained from more than 25 years of practicing Genomic Medicine – so you can use genomics with confidence.
With all the tools, systems and support you need, you can help your patients feel better faster with personalized, DNA-directed strategies – while creating a practice that helps you thrive too.
Sounds great! But what is Genomic Medicine?
If I asked you what is a heart … to describe it to me, you’d roll your eyes at me, and then say that it is a muscular organ a little bit bigger than a fist, and it has four chambers to pump blood to the circulatory system.
Now, if I were to ask you to describe the genes in the body, many of you would have to really think about it first …
…but knowing what the genes are and how they act in the body is the key to you being a specialist – helping (and possibly saving) more lives!
Would you just look at that piece of beautiful human machinery!
You’re looking at a chromosome hard at work. Normally we can’t see them because they are so small, but when a cell gets ready to divide, the chromosomes wind themselves up nice and tight … like you see here now.
Chromosomes are in cells, protected in a compartment called the nucleus.
They are made of deoxyribonucleic acid, which is called DNA.
Specific sections of DNA are called genes, and these genes contain the blueprint for everything that goes on in your body.
But sometimes we get errors in our DNA
You are likely familiar with genetic mutations – inherited changes in the DNA that cause conditions such as sickle cell anemia, Down’s Syndrome, Tay Sachs, and cystic fibrosis.
But did you know we all have another kind of change in our DNA?
We each have millions of small variations in the DNA called SNPs. They are what make us unique. These SNPs can also increase the risk of having a disease — or provide protection. But that genetic risk is influenced by many factors in the environment, including diet, lifestyle, exercise and even stress.
Genomic Medicine is a whole-person approach that leverages knowledge of gene SNPs and how they interact with our environment for the purpose of personalizing prevention and treatment of many illnesses.
Along with other clinician-scientists from around the world, we continue to discover new ways that subtle gene differences interact with the environment to cause large differences in health…
…and how to use that knowledge to help people experience the benefits of personalized Genomic Medicine for a healthy life.
Health areas Genomic Medicine helps include:
- heart disease
- autoimmune disease
- many types of cancer
- chemical sensitivity
- exercise performance
- telomeres and aging
- thyroid disease
- hormonal imbalances
- and so much more
It even includes Coronavirus (COVID-19)!
“One day, patients will say, “I’m not an average patient. I am who I am. You need to understand who I am before you prescribe whatever treatment plan you plan to prescribe.”
~ Edward Abrahams President, Personalized Medicine Coalition
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
I’m a board-certified Ob-Gyn physician, author, and genomics researcher and instructor in Genomic Medicine.
- With my combined experience running an ObGyn division in the Air Force and heading up both a large ObGyn group and solo practice in the private sector, I have been running successful medical practices for more than twenty years.
- I discovered Genomic Medicine after growing frustrated with the inability of many of the standard-practice treatments to get to the root of my patients’ concerns.
- Looking at genes, and knowing that they could call the shots in one’s health – and future- changed the way I thought about healthcare and health prevention.
- Over the next few years, I changed my life and my practice, dedicating myself to learning everything I could about this bright new future of (preventive) medicine.
- Teaching medical residents, residents and holistic health graduate students how to integrate genomics, functional and energetic medicine led to my selection as an integral member of the steering committee to create a holistic functional medicine curriculum for a new residency program that launched in 2013.
- Wanting to make even more of an impact, I teamed up with Dr. Veltmann in 2013 to launch our first Genomic Medicine company to help even more practitioners bring this revolutionary approach to their own practices.
I am a scientist, clinician, author, and genomics researcher and instructor in Genomic Medicine.
- I have been translating genomic test results into personalized health solutions for patients in private practice and corporate settings since 2001.
- Having developed the GENESIS Matrix® holistic health model to create better health strategies to prevent and treat disease, I added genomics in 2001.
- Seeing the challenges other clinicians were having getting started with genomics, I began teaching clinicians how to use Genomic Medicine within this holistic health model since 2004.
- And this model works. In a 4-year program with a self-insured company, we showed that it not only improved patient health across numerous health parameters, it also saved money – 20% every year for 4 years.
- As a nutritional biochemist, I developed and taught nutrition science programs to graduate students while an assistant professor at Texas A&M University. Later, I co-founded a holistic health center.
- I was also a pioneer in the development of functional medicine education, contributing my deep scientific knowledge and clinical experience to the incubator group that eventually became the Institute for Functional Medicine.
- Using this deep scientific and clinical nutrition expertise, I have consulted with many Fortune 100 companies on creating new nutritional products, and have been formulating personalized nutritional supplements for decades.
“We are on the leading edge of a true revolution in medicine, one that promises to transform the traditional “one size fits all” approach into a much more powerful strategy that considers each individual as unique and as having special characteristics that should guide and approach to staying healthy … it is time to learn what this paradigm shift is all about.”
~ Leroy Hood Researcher-Scientist
Ready to utilize this revolutionary approach to help your patients and transform your practice?
Apply for a Professional Account and access testing, courses and resources for clinicians.