ONLINE COURSES FOR GENOMIC MEDICINE
Because the more specialized you are, the better you can help your patients
How can I help my patients feel better, faster?
That’s the question of the day. Not only would you like to help more patients achieve better health, but you would also like to be able to create a better experience for them … and for you.
Hello, I’m Dr. Roberta Kline, MD FACOG CGMC. Along with Dr. Joe Veltmann, PhD, FAAIM DCCN CGMC, we started Genomic Medicine Works to help you provide faster, more effective solutions by understanding what they need to be healthy — from the inside out.
Collectively, we have more than 25 years of practicing Genomic Medicine to pass along to you …
…so you can be more specialized at what you do.
Sounds great! But what is Genomic Medicine?
If I asked you what is a heart … to describe it to me, you’d roll your eyes at me, and then say that it is a muscular organ a little bit bigger than a fist, and it has four chambers to pump blood to the circulatory system.
Now, if I were to ask you to describe the genes in the body, many of you would have to really think about it first …
…but knowing what the genes are and how they act in the body is the key to you being a specialist – helping and possibly saving (more) lives!
Wow! Would you just look at that piece of beautiful human machinery!
You’re looking at a chromosome hard at work. Normally we can’t see them because they are so small, but when a cell gets ready to divide, the chromosomes wind themselves up nice and tight … like you see here now.
Chromosomes are in cells. They are made of deoxyribonucleic acid, which is called DNA. Specific sections of DNA are called genes.
People have small variations in the DNA that can increase the risk of having an illness (disease) — or provide protection from that illness.
Genomic Medicine is the field of study that looks into genes for the purpose of personalizing prevention and treatment of many illnesses.
It even includes Coronavirus (COVID-19)!
I, Dr. Veltmann, and other clinician-scientists from around the world continue to discover new ways that subtle gene differences interact with the environment to cause large differences in health…
…and how to use that knowledge to help people achieve better health.
“One day, patients will say, “I’m not an average patient. I am who I am. You need to understand who I am before you prescribe whatever treatment plan you plan to prescribe.”
~ Edward Abrahams President,
Personalized Medicine Coalition
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
… and get fresh tips, ideas and suggestions on how to have an even better practice – and a better life in general.
- Better ways to advertise and market
- New information and updates on Genomic Medicine
- Better experiences for both you and your patients
And more …
I’m a board-certified Ob-Gyn physician, author, and genomics researcher and instructor in Genomic Medicine.
- With my combined experience running an ObGyn division in the Air Force and heading up both a large ObGyn group and solo practice in the private sector, I have been running successful medical practices for more than twenty years.
- I discovered Genomic Medicine after growing frustrated with the inability of many of the standard-practice treatments to get to the root of my patients’ concerns.
- Looking at genes, and knowing that they could call the shots in one’s health – and future- changed the way I thought about healthcare and health prevention.
- Over the next few years, I changed my life and my practice, dedicating myself to learning everything I could about this bright new future of (preventive) medicine.
- I have spent the past 8 years showing other clinicians how to use Genomic Medicine to help more people, which means more clients for them. Now, with Dr. Veltmann we are able to show even more practitioners than ever before.
Dr. Veltmann is a scientist, clinician, author, and genomics researcher and instructor in Genomic Medicine.
- Dr. Veltmann has been translating genomic test results into personalized health solutions for patients in private practice and corporate settings since 2001.
- He has been teaching clinicians how to use Genomic Medicine since 2004.
- He developed the GENESIS Matrix® holistic health model to create better health strategies to prevent and treat disease, adding genomics in 2001. In a 4-year program with a self-insured company, he proved it not only improves patient health, it also saves money.
- As a nutritional biochemist, Dr. Veltmann developed and taught nutrition science programs to graduate students while an assistant professor at Texas A&M University.
- He was also a pioneer in the development of functional medicine, contributing his deep scientific knowledge and clinical experience to the incubator group that eventually became the Institute for Functional Medicine.
- He has consulted with many Fortune 100 companies on creating new nutritional products, and has been formulating personalized nutritional supplements for decades.
“We are on the leading edge of a true revolution in medicine, one that promises to transform the traditional “one size fits all” approach into a much more powerful strategy that considers each individual as unique and as having special characteristics that should guide and approach to staying healthy … it is time to learn what this paradigm shift is all about.”
~ Leroy Hood